Tuesday, May 29, 2007
On a happier and more relaxed note, I posted another pair of earrings to Etsy tonight. A dainty pair of Petite Pearls. I like these ear wires, they are squared and sit in your ears ever so nicely. You can't see them in this pic but if you click on the link there's a pic of the ear wires.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Finished tumbling a batch of metal so there should be new jewelry pieces soon. I'll post them here as I photograph them to post on etsy.
Monday, May 14, 2007
I love these pearl earrings. They are oxidized and that gives the wire wrapping such dimension. I've just listed this pair in my Etsy store. All of the findings: the oversize ear wires, the jump rings and the headpins were made by myself. Then I wrapped the pearls, oxidized them and hand polished them to a beautiful shine. (Can't tumble pearls). They have a nice swing to them as the pearls move around as your head moves. And the color feels very much like spring to me. Someone will enjoy these for a long time. ;-)
And there's one more pair....
This pair starts with a scroll made from a vintage dictionary. It's then wire wrapped in sterling silver and a spray of gray and peacock pearls dangle from the bottom. My camera didn't pick up the iridescence on some of these beauties. This pair can also be found on Etsy. This is similar to the pair that I made for myself (a few posts ago) and I got so many comments by email and people walking up to me that I thought I'd make another pair. The only difference with this pair is I've used the oversize ear wires on these. The sterling findings on this pair were also made by me.
I also made my Mom a pair of earrings for Mother's Day but didn't get a photo of those. And today after weeks of waiting.....a very special pearl order was delivered. Loads of pretties in that box & I can't wait to get started playing with them. I got some copper, black, peacock, green and this batch has some larger pearls.
Monday, May 07, 2007
1. I'm no good in the morning until I've had coffee. Then I drink it all day to stay properly caffeinated.
2. I can't eat when I first wake up. Must be up for a while before I want food. Or want to cook food, to the dismay of my family.
3. I love the sound of thunder- the rolling kind. Not so much the loud crash of lightening that's in your neighborhood.....just the rolling thunder of a distant storm.
4. I'm not real fond of the beach during the day. It's great at night or in the evenings, but I don't like it on a hot day. It's a shame since I live so close to the beach & all- you'd think I'd enjoy it more.
5. I prefer to be chilly than to being warm/ hot. Again....strange since I reside in Florida.
6. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. In my neighborhood it's great just to sit on the porch on a Sunday morning drinking in the smell of the grass while enjoying my coffee.
7. I'd love to have more children. DH says we're done but I'd love more. It's no secret. And when our children are running around or misbehaving my DH teases me about wanting more.
Okay.....there's 7 things about me. If you're reading this and you haven't been tagged yet....then you're tagged! And leave a comment letting me know where to read your seven things, leave an email address if I can respond to you.
Thursday, May 03, 2007
I really haven't been able to spend the time in here to make things, but here shortly I'm hoping to get in here to wrap up some things. But I will say that my idea journal is filling up.
Time to go get dinner ready.......if I could get the little ones to cook I'd have more creative time.......we're years away from that happening! Thanks for stopping by. Sometimes I'm amazed at how many people come by for a visit ;-)