Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Class Ring

I wanted to show you a photo of a ring I made in my fabrication class.




I like it because it's rustic & organic. I picked a stone that has a higher profile on one side- almost looks like it cracked while it was being cabbed & they went ahead & polished it anyway. It's got character! For my metal head friends...The tricky part was the braid. It's 24g twisted wire that I had to solder before it was soldered on next to the bezel. The challenge was NOT to melt it- heating it up twice with a #3 tip on the torch. Anyway...I love this ring & wanted to share it with you.

2 comments:

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

It's gorgeous! I love turquoise! It's so earthy and traditional. You did this one proud!

Stacie @ azoho.com said...

Thanks Tammy.....that means a lot to me coming from you!