Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Silver Hearts

This is a bracelet that I'm making for a friend. I want to artificially age it now so it'll have a little bath in some yummy smelling liver of sulfur. (Yes- I'm being sarcastic because the stuff smells horrible!) Then I'll tumble it, polish it & take a pic before I send it off to it's new home.

This bracelet is made from 18 gauge sterling silver. It really looks pretty on, very feminine. A swan clasp will hold it together. I really like this clasp- I thought it would be hard to attach the bracelet or fall off or something like that, but it's a great clasp for the pieces that I've done so far.

The charms for the swap on ArtTechniques are starting to come in. I rec'd so much inspiration from the other charm swap blogs that I'd like to do one for this swap too. Just need an okee dokee from the participants. I posted a message asking for permission but only a few have responded so far- we'll see how it goes. I could always just add a page to my website.

Website.....yeah- haven't had much time to spend on it the last week. Been trying to wrap up a few things. "All in good time", one of my mantras that I seem to keep repeating.

I am going to spend the next couple weeks trying to finish things to add to my little space on ETSY. I did post the "African Pin" that I posted here in August. I'd keep it if I was going out into the world every day, dressed for a job......but that's not my life right now.

Currently working on a Spring Collaborative Swap for BookArtz, some decos and I'm building a necklace around one of the Mother of Pearl pendants that I wire wrapped. All projects are coming along! Will post as they finish ;-)

No comments: