Sunday, January 16, 2011

Year of Jewelry- Week 1

After years of watching the year of jewelry, I decided to join them this year.  One piece of jewelry per week, for a year.  It's not that I don't make jewelry regularly- that's not the challenge for me.  For me- the challenge is to finish and photograph a piece a week.  This will form the habit of finishing/ photographing.  At least I understand that it will form a habit & I'm hoping so!



Organic Rustic Copper Blooms

For week 1- I revisited an old design with a different metal.  These rustic blooms are made of copper with a sterling center- on sterling ear wires.  I wanted to use copper for two reasons- I love the warmth (and it won’t be touching skin) and I wanted to play with a patina.  The patina was to be blue and I still don’t really see blue.  I don't mean a hint of blue- I'm talking about a bright cobalt.  And since they are sealed- I’m not getting the glow from the copper that I love so much- except for around the edges.  I want to play with the process some more.

No comments: