Sunday, August 03, 2008

It's here, it's here, it's finally here!!!!!


I almost wished away the whole summer because I knew it would be almost over before this book came. Such is the way when you pre-order. But last week it finally arrived and I'm so excited.


The photos are delicious. You can see the detail in each piece. The projects are fresh. New (to me) links, one's that I've never seen before. My head is still reeling from all the incredible eye candy.....but the best part....the instructions for the projects are well written and stepped out. Even a jewelry newbie could make beautiful pieces. It's written in Kelly's voice....just like she was sitting there next to you. It's about jewelry, it's about sharing, it's about collaboration (one of my favorite things!), it's about making some awesome pieces of art jewelry. I totally love this book. (It's right up there with Semi-Precious Salvage by Stephanie Lee) I feel inspired and can't wait to get some bench time. If you love swapping, charm swaps, making jewelry....this is a book that you should have. But it won't be on your bookshelf, this is the book that stays on your bench. The one that you grab to have a peek at to get your creative juices flowing while you're listening to your 'tunes' and sipping your coffee. Job well done ladies! You guys ROCK.

Photo used with Kelly's blessing ;-)

2 comments:

Kelly Snelling said...

well you've made me blush! thank you for your super post about the book. you are so sweet! i hope you get some bench time and make something awesome!!

Judy said...

This book does TOTALY ROCK! I adore everything about it. It has great easy to follow directions and such WoNdErFuL artists . . .